STATE OF IOWA
PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS BOARD (PERB)
Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:00 a.m.
Jessie Parker Building
PERB Law Library
Present at meeting: Van Fossen, Gannon, Bolte, DeSmet, Machir, Sarajlija, Thomas, Luttrell, Jewell, Van Horne
Public present at meeting: Nathan Arnold
I. Gannon moved to approve the agenda, unanimously approved.
II. Gannon moved to approve the September 7, 2018 minutes, unanimously approved.
III. Public Comment: Arnold thanked PERB for the work on recertification elections.
IV. Office status
* DeSmet gave election update, 82 Recertifications are complete. Today is the final day for PERB to receive updated employee lists.
* Gannon moved to approve the March ’19 election calendar, unanimously approved. There will be less than 10 units and it will be a mail ballot election.
* Revocation of certifications for units not in compliance was discussed. Van Fossen will sign order.
* No show cause order needed for Ankeny Career Fire Fighters. They filed their annual report.
* Luttrell reported on FY18 budget update. We received T&T funds for FY19. After discussion, Gannon moved to approve PERB’s Budget Department Request for FY20 and FY21; unanimously approved. Luttrell will complete budget entry and delivery documents to DOM’s office.
* Gannon moved to approve FY20 Workers Compensation annual premium, charged by DAS, in the amount of $270.69; unanimously approved.
* Gannon moved to approve the cubicle reconfiguration plan and to pay T&M $500.00 for labor and $906.44 for items needed from IPI, using T&T funds; unanimously approved. The Board anticipates the work to be done on November 14, 2018.
V. Consider new and pending Cases (Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code Sec. 21.5(1)(d),(f) if applicable)
VI. New Business ( Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code section 21.5(1)(a),(i) if applicable)
VII. Next meeting date is to be determined at a later date and will be held in the Jessie Parker Building, PERB Law Library, Des Moines, Iowa.
VIII. Adjourned at 10:30 a.m.
Jamie Van Fossen, Board Member