STATE OF IOWA
PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS BOARD (PERB)
Wednesday, November 7, 2018 10:05 a.m.
Jessie Parker Building
PERB Law Library
Present at meeting: Van Fossen, Gannon, DeSmet, Machir, Thomas, Sarajlija, Jewell
I. Gannon moved to approve the agenda, unanimously approved.
II. Gannon moved to approve the October 12, 2018 minutes, unanimously approved.
III. Public Comment: None.
IV. Office status
* DeSmet gave election update, final tally of unit decertifications: 28, final tally of unit recertifications: 424, there is one unit currently classified as unsure at this time.
* DeSmet reported orders of recertification will be filed November 13, 2018.
* Gannon moved to approve six copies of the 2019 Iowa Code in the amount of up to $1,800, unanimously approved.
* Van Fossen moved to approve Attorney Generals CLE course fee, an expenditure of $30.00; attendees will be Gannon, Thomas, and Machir, approved by Van Fossen.
* Gannon moved to table the approval of the Web Spec contract until a later Board Meeting.
V. Consider new and pending Cases (Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code Sec. 21.5(1)(d),(f) if applicable)
VI. New Business (Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code section 21.5(1)(a),(i) if applicable)
VII. Next meeting date is to be determined at a later date and will be held in the Jessie Parker Building, PERB Law Library, Des Moines, Iowa.
VIII. Adjourned at 10:18 a.m.