STATE OF IOWA
PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS BOARD (PERB)
Friday, November 15, 2019 10:30 a.m.
Jessie Parker Building
PERB Law Library
Present at meeting: Arnold, Van Fossen, Gannon, Thomas, DeSmet, and Luttrell-Bainter
Public present: Nathan Arnold, Attorney PEI
Public Comment (Citizens are allowed to speak on any agenda item or general operation of the agency with the exception of item (VI.) and any other pending cases. Members of the public are allowed a 2 minute limit per speaker.) – Nathan Arnold present. He introduced himself. No comment.
I. Approval of agenda – Van Fossen moved and Gannon seconded; unanimously approved.
II. Approval of September 13 and November 12, 2019 minutes. Van Fossen moved, Gannon seconded, unanimously approved.
III. Office status
* Gannon moved to approve payment of invoice from Election America dba YesElections in the amount of $27,250 for the Fall 2019 recertification elections; Van Fossen seconded, unanimously approved.
* Case processing for Prohibited Practice Complaints were discussed. The Board will no longer assign a case processor to PPC’s. A case processor may be requested if there is a chance for settlement prior to a hearing. If a request is made for a case processor, the board will discuss on a case by case basis.
* LMC’s were discussed. If a request for an LMC comes in, the Board will likely assign these to FMCS. FMCS has agreed to provide this service at no cost to PERB.
* Gannon moved to approve the IPI quote, in the amount of $412.70 using T&T funds, to repair Sarajlija’s power-up table; Van Fossen seconded, unanimously approved.
* Board noted that Luttrell gave the Board an update on the budget and financials on October 31, 2019.
IV. Consider new and pending Cases (Board may go into closed session pursuant to
Iowa Code Sec. 21.5(1)(d),(f) if applicable)
V. New Business (Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code Section 21.5(1)(a),(i) if applicable)
VII. Next tentative meeting date is to be determined at a later date and will be held in the Jessie Parker Building, PERB Law Library.
VI. Adjourned at 10:42 a.m.
Jamie Van Fossen, Board Member