STATE OF IOWA
PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS BOARD (PERB)
Friday, February 21, 2020 10:02 a.m.
Jessie Parker Building
PERB Law Library
Present at meeting: Arnold, Van Fossen, Gannon, Thomas, Machir, DeSmet, Sarajlija, and Luttrell-Bainter
Public Comment (Citizens are allowed to speak on any agenda item or general operation of the agency with the exception of item (VI.) and any other pending cases. Members of the public are allowed a 2 minute limit per speaker.)
I. Approval of agenda – Van Fossen moved and Gannon seconded; unanimously approved.
II. Approval of January 30, 2020 minutes- Van Fossen moved, Arnold seconded, unanimously approved.
III. Office status
* Van Fossen moved to approve a DAS estimate of up to $904.75 for removal of plumbing in bathroom/storage area; Gannon seconded, unanimously approved.
* Van Fossen moved to approve court reporter and transcript in Case No. 102412 requested by P. Thomas; Gannon seconded, unanimously approved.
* Van Fossen moved approved P. Thomas’ performance evaluation with a pay increase; Gannon seconded, unanimously approved.
* Van Fossen moved to approve an elective upgrade by Tybera for the Alpine side of the e-filing system in the amount of $12,000, using T&T funds; Gannon seconded, unanimously approved. Sarajlija confirmed it will be completed before the end of FY20.
* Bainter (Luttrell) gave monthly PERB budget update.
IV. Consider new and pending Cases (Board may go into closed session pursuant to
Iowa Code Sec. 21.5(1)(d),(f) if applicable)
V. New Business (Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code Section 21.5(1)(a),(i) if applicable)
VII. Next tentative meeting date is to be determined at a later date and will be held in the Jessie Parker Building, PERB Law Library.
VI. Adjourned at 10:31 a.m.
Jamie Van Fossen, Board Member