STATE OF IOWA
PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS BOARD (PERB)
Wednesday, April 29, 2020 2:00 P.M.
Jessie Parker Building
PERB Law Library
I. Approval of agenda
II. Approval of March 19, 2020 minutes
III. Public Comment (Citizens are allowed to speak on any agenda item or general operation of the agency with the exception of item (VI.) and any other pending cases. Members of the public are allowed a 2-minute limit per speaker.)
IV. Office status
* Approve Fall 2020 retention and recertification schedule- October 2020.
* Approve pay increases for Sarajlija (effective 6/28/20), DeSmet (effective 6/28/20), Bainter (effective 7/12/20), Jewell (effective 5/17/20), and Van Horne (effective 5/17/20). Performance evaluations for all employees have been completed by the Board.
* Bainter gave budget update individually to board on April 8 and April 20, 2020.
* Bainter to give budget update April 29.
* Board member, Jamie Van Fossen’s last day with PERB will be Thursday, April 30. The board and staff would like to thank him for 8 years of service.
V. Consider new and pending Cases (Board may go into closed session pursuant to
Iowa Code Sec. 21.5(1)(d),(f) if applicable)
VI. New Business (Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code Section 21.5(1)(a),(i) if applicable)
VII. Next tentative meeting date is to be determined at a later date and will be held in the Jessie Parker Building, PERB Law Library.
If you would like to attend the board meeting via zoom or by phone the information is listed below:
When: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1pm – 4pm Central Time - Chicago
Where: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81029335514?pwd=dVZ1WHEzZVl2LzJwUkVWM3BqTTdCZz09 (map)
Join Hangouts Meet: meet.google.com/gzs-hctd-faq
Join by phone: +1 417-647-1314 (PIN: 917397382)