STATE OF IOWA
PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS BOARD (PERB)
Monday, April 30, 2018 10:06 a.m.
Jessie Parker Building
PERB Law Library
Present at meeting: Cormack, Van Fossen, Gannon, Machir, DeSmet, Sarajlija, Luttrell
I. Gannon moved to approve the agenda, Van Fossen seconded; unanimously approved.
II. Gannon moved to approve the April 25, 2018 minutes, Van Fossen seconded; unanimously approved.
III. Public Comment: None
IV. Office status
* Cormack moved to accept for display at PERB, artwork presented by Scott Raecker, Director of The (Gov.) Robert D. and Billie Ray Center at Drake University on behalf of Governor and Mrs. Ray, Gannon seconded, unanimously approved. Luttrell will contact procurement for purchase of a frame.
* Gannon moved to approve Association of Labor Relations Agencies (ALRA) annual dues in the amount of $400.00, Van Fossen seconded, unanimously approved.
* Discussion of plan to separate 1 large office into 2 small offices. Waiting for DAS plan and quote for work.
* Gannon moved to approve purchase of 1-desktop computer, 2-23” monitors, 1-keyboard and 1-mouse for no more than $1300.00, Van Fossen seconded, unanimously approved.
* Cormack moved to approve Machir’s request to purchase transcript for the UE vs. PERB-CVCV054946 oral arguments, Van Fossen seconded, unanimously approved.
* Discussion was held concerning a neutral’s bill. Board was in agreement with Bolte that the biographical sketch in effect at the time of the arbitrator selection prevails.
V. Consider new and pending Cases (Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code Sec. 21.5(1)(d),(f) if applicable)
VI. New Business ( Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code section 21.5(1)(a),(i) if applicable)
VII. Next meeting date is to be determined at a later date and will be held in the Jessie Parker Building, PERB Law Library, Des Moines, Iowa.
VIII. Adjourned at 10:33 a.m.
Jamie Van Fossen, Board Member