STATE OF IOWA
PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS BOARD (PERB)
Wednesday, April 29, 2020 2:02 p.m.
Jessie Parker Building
PERB Law Library
Present at meeting: Arnold, Van Fossen, Gannon, Machir, Thomas, DeSmet, Sarajlija, Bolte, and Bainter
Public Comment (Citizens are allowed to speak on any agenda item or general operation of the agency with the exception of item (VI.) and any other pending cases. Members of the public are allowed a 2 minute limit per speaker.)
I. Approval of agenda with additional item of purchasing plexiglass shields for 3 cubicle walls to add safety of administrative support due to COVID-19 – Gannon moved and Van Fossen seconded; unanimously approved.
II. Approval of March 19, 2020 minutes- Gannon moved, Van Fossen seconded,
III. Office status
* Gannon moved to appove the Fall 2020 retention and recertification schedule, Van Fossen seconded, unanimously approved.
* Gannon moved to approve the pay increases for Sarajlija, DeSmet, Bainter, Jewell, and VanHorne, Van Fossen seconded, unanimously approved.
* Bainter gave budget update and provided copies to all staff.
* We thanked Jamie Van Fossen for his 8 years of public service at PERB.
* Gannon moved to purchase 3 Polycarbonate Desk Mount privacy panels for administrative staff cubicles in the amount of $542.00, Van Fossen seconded, unanimously approved. Jewell will place the order with Staples.
IV. Consider new and pending Cases (Board may go into closed session pursuant to
Iowa Code Sec. 21.5(1)(d),(f) if applicable)
V. New Business (Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code Section 21.5(1)(a),(i) if applicable)
VII. Next tentative meeting date is to be determined at a later date and will be held in the Jessie Parker Building, PERB Law Library.
VI. Adjourned at 2:17 p.m.
Jamie Van Fossen, Board Member