STATE OF IOWA
PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS BOARD (PERB)
Tuesday, May 2, 2017 10:012a.m.
PERB Law Library
Present at meeting: Cormack, Gannon, Van Fossen, Sarajlija, Luttrell
I. Cormack moved to approve the agenda with amendments of date of last minutes to accurately reflect April 26 as the proper date of the last meeting and remove budget update from the agenda, Gannon seconded; unanimously approved.
II. Gannon moved to approve the April 26, 2017 minutes, Van Fossen seconded; unanimously approved.
III. Public Comment: None (no one present)
IV. Office status
* Impasse update. Board discussed that there are some difficulties with what should be discussed during mediation and what steps parties need to do to get to arbitration.
* Gannon moved to approve up to 40 hours of vacation payout for eligible employees who meet DAS guidelines for the program, Cormack seconded, 3-0. Luttrell will notify eligible employees.
* Cormack moved to approve purchase of 6 chairs for Gannon’s office from IPI in the amount of $1,494.00 using T&T funds, Van Fossen seconded, Gannon abstained from vote, 2-0.
* Budget update will be given twice a month until end of FY17.
* Board meeting schedule discussed. Cormack moved to change the Board meetings to the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month starting at 10:00 a.m. in the PERB Library, with other meetings as needed, Van Fossen seconded, 3-0. The new policy will take affect May 4, 2017.
* Gannon moved to approve the purchase of 3 nesting tables from Office Depot with a cost up to $150.00, to be used in the Library; Van Fossen seconded; 3-0.
* Gannon moved to purchase name badges for staff, Cormack seconded suggesting checking to see if someone has a contract with the State to make the badges; 3-0.
* Board discussed the scoring sheet options for voting RFP. No comments from staff were made to DeSmet before deadline. Van Fossen moved to approve technical criteria Draft #2, Gannon seconded, 3-0. DeSmet will submit to DAS Monday, May 8, 2017.
* Gannon moved to approve annual ALRA dues in the amount of $400.00, Cormack seconded, 3-0.
V. Adjourned at 10:45 a.m.
Jamie Van Fossen, Board Member