STATE OF IOWA
PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS BOARD (PERB)
Monday, April 29, 2019 1:35 p.m.
Jessie Parker Building
PERB Law Library
Present at meeting: Van Fossen, Gannon, Thomas, Machir, DeSmet, Luttrell
I. Gannon moved to approve the agenda, Van Fossen seconded, unanimously approved.
II. Gannon moved to approve the April 18, 2019 minutes, Van Fossen seconded, unanimously approved.
III. Public Comment: None.
IV. Office status
* Gannon moved to approve the request for a court reporter in Case No. 102322 -City of Grimes/Johnston Professional Fire Fighters, Van Fossen seconded, unanimously approved.
* PERB’s Notice of Intended Action, ARC 4364C, 4365C, 4366C were discussed. Board will review with the intent of adopting and approving filing of the rules at the next Board meeting this week.
* The purchase of 2 VPN tokens for Luttrell and Jewell, to assist with the COOP/COG plan, was discussed. Tabled to a future meeting.
* Staff attendance at the 2019 ALRA conference was discussed. The conference will be July 20 – July 23, 2019 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Staff is to notify Board if they are interested in attending. Further discussion is tabled to a future meeting.
* The discussion on Docketing is tabled to a future meeting.
V. Consider new and pending Cases (Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code Sec. 21.5(1)(d),(f) if applicable)
VI. New Business ( Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code section 21.5(1)(a),(i) if applicable)
VII. Next meeting date will be held on May 1, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. in the Jessie Parker Building, PERB Law Library, Des Moines, Iowa.
VIII. Adjourned at 2:03 p.m.
Jamie Van Fossen, Interim Chair