STATE OF IOWA
PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS BOARD (PERB)
Wednesday, August 1, 2018 10:05 a.m.
Jessie Parker Building
PERB Law Library
Present at meeting: Van Fossen, Gannon, Bolte, DeSmet, Machir, Sarajlija, Luttrell
I. Gannon moved to approve the agenda, unanimously approved.
II. Gannon moved to approve the July 18, 2018 minutes, unanimously approved.
III. Public Comment: None
IV. Office status
* Van Fossen moved to approve the hiring of administrative law judge (ALJ 2) Patrick Thomas, unanimously approved.
* Gannon moved to approve the purchase of a projector for power point presentations from Staples for $600.00, unanimously approved.
* Tabled discussion of bid for cubicle realignment.
* Gannon moved to approve the bid for painting office room 102 in the amount of $159.00, unanimously approved.
* Luttrell gave budget update.
* Bolte gave update on impasse and arbitrators. The following arbitrators have been sent reapplications that are due September 2, 2018: Neil Barrick, James Cox, Sharon Gallagher, Rachel Goedken, Dennis McGilligan, John Sandy, Herman Torosian, Gordon Trampe, Colleen White and Rex Wiant.
* DeSmet gave update on Administrative Rules. New rules should be published soon and effective the first part of September.
V. Consider new and pending Cases (Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code Sec. 21.5(1)(d),(f) if applicable)
VI. New Business ( Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code section 21.5(1)(a),(i) if applicable)
VII. Next meeting date is to be determined at a later date and will be held in the Jessie Parker Building, PERB Law Library, Des Moines, Iowa.
VIII. Adjourned at 10:44 a.m.
Jamie Van Fossen, Board Member