STATE OF IOWA
PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS BOARD (PERB)
Thursday, January 30, 2020 2:02 p.m.
Jessie Parker Building
PERB Law Library
Present at meeting: Arnold, Van Fossen, Gannon, Bolte, Sarajlija, DeSmet, Jewell, and Luttrell-Bainter
Public Comment (Citizens are allowed to speak on any agenda item or general operation of the agency with the exception of item (VI.) and any other pending cases. Members of the public are allowed a 2 minute limit per speaker.)
I. Approval of agenda – Van Fossen moved and Gannon seconded; unanimously
II. Approval of December 19, 2019 minutes- Gannon moved, Van Fossen seconded,
III. Office status
* Gannon moved to approve a DAS estimate of up to $905.00 for removal of plumbing in storage area; Van Fossen seconded, unanimously approved.
* Gannon moved to approve an estimate from Insight of up to $280.00 using T&T or grant funds, to fix a problem on our website; Van Fossen seconded, unanimously approved.
* Van Fossen moved to approve an Insight bid on imaging the new AV system’s computer of up to $480.00 using T&T funds; Gannon seconded, unanimously approved.
* Sarajlija provided the board with information regarding an elective upgrade by Tybera for the Alpine side of the e-filing system. This update would cost $12,000 and would take 3-4 months to complete. The board tabled the discussion, pending further information, and will move it to the next board meeting.
* Bainter (Luttrell) gave monthly PERB budget update.
IV. Consider new and pending Cases (Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code Sec. 21.5(1)(d),(f) if applicable)
V. New Business (Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code Section 21.5(1)(a),(i) if applicable)
VII. Next tentative meeting date is to be determined at a later date and will be held in the Jessie Parker Building, PERB Law Library.
VI. Adjourned at 2:45 p.m.
Jamie Van Fossen, Board Member