STATE OF IOWA
PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS BOARD (PERB)
Wednesday, January 10, 2018 1:05 p.m.
Jessie Parker Building
PERB Law Library
Present at meeting: Cormack, Van Fossen, Gannon, Bolte, DeSmet, Machir, Sarajlija, Luttrell
I. Van Fossen moved to approve the agenda, Gannon seconded; unanimously approved.
II. Van Fossen moved to approve the December 7, 2017 minutes, Gannon seconded; unanimously approved.
III. Public Comment: None
IV. Office status
* Monthly financial update deferred to a later date. Luttrell will discuss with Board members individually.
* Sarajlija reported that Calhoun County Prof. EMS/IAFF 4753 came into annual report compliance today. A Show Cause hearing will be set for Clear Lake Public Employment Agency.
* Discussion regarding March elections was held.
* Gannon moved to approve Bolte’s request to purchase a 3 year SSL Certification renewal in the amount of $189.97, Cormack seconded, unanimously approved. Bolte will move forward with the purchase.
* FAQ “What public questions are you asked to address on a frequent basis” discussion was held. For our office, we typically field wrong numbers.
V. Consider new and pending Cases (Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code Sec. 21.5(1)(d),(f) if applicable)
VI. New Business ( Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code section 21.5(1)(a),(i) if applicable)
VII. Next tentative meeting date will be held on February 7, 2018 in the Jessie Parker Building, Suite 1B, PERB Law Library, Des Moines, Iowa.
VIII. Adjourned at 2:02 p.m.
Jamie Van Fossen, Board Member