STATE OF IOWA
PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS BOARD (PERB)
Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:000 a.m.
PERB Law Library
Present at meeting: Cormack, Gannon, Van Fossen, Sarajlija, Bolte, DeSmet, Berry, Machir, Luttrell
I. VanFossen moved to approve the agenda with the addition of DeSmet requesting a transcript in Case No. 100788, noting that this cannot wait until the next Board meeting on May 31, 2017., Gannon seconded; unanimously approved.
II. Gannon moved to approve the May 2, 2017 minutes, Van Fossen seconded; unanimously approved.
III. Public Comment: None (no one present)
IV. Office status
* Bolte gave impasse update. Discussion was held with regard to a grievance where one of the parties has requested a new arbitrator.
* Luttrell gave the budget update.
* Luttrell provided the Board with information regarding the State of Iowa Offset Program for collection of past due Bill of Costs. Board appointed DeSmet and Luttrell to write a procedure for the flow of Bill of Costs. Board and ALJs will review draft.
* Cormack moved to purchase 500 PERB ink pens from Triplett with a cost of up to $400.00, Gannon seconded; unanimously approved.
V. Consider new and pending Cases (Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code Sec. 21.5(1)(d),(f) if applicable)
* Cormack moved approve DeSmet’s request for a transcript in Case No. 100788, Gannon seconded; unanimously approved.
VI. New Business ( Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code Section 21.5(1)(a),(i) if applicable)
* Board will set oral arguments on Motion to Stay in Case Nos. 100803 and 100804.
VII. Next tentative meeting date is Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 10:00 a.m., in the Jessie Parker Building Ste. 1B, PERB Law Library.
VIII. Adjourned at 10:49 a.m.
Jamie Van Fossen, Board Member