STATE OF IOWA
PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS BOARD (PERB)
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 10:00 a.m.
PERB Law Library
Present at meeting: Cormack, Gannon, Van Fossen, Sarajlija, Bolte, DeSmet, Luttrell
I. Van Fossen moved to approve the agenda, Cormack seconded; unanimously approved.
II. Gannon moved to approve the June 8, 2017 minutes, Van Fossen seconded; unanimously approved.
III. Public Comment: None (no one present)
IV. Office status
* Bolte gave impasse update, 10 cases open.
* Van Fossen moved to approve the Spending Plan, Cormack seconded, unanimously approved. Luttrell gave budget update.
* Board discussed timeline for performance reviews. Board will review performance evaluations today, will finalize in 2 weeks, and will meet with staff in July.
* Discussed non-payment of court reporter costs in Case No. 100719 Miller vs. College CSD. Bolte checked with the attorney of record, he has forwarded her the bills; she is not able to pay. In light of the individual’s inability to pay, Gannon moved to not pursue legal action, Cormack seconded, unanimously approved.
V. Consider new and pending Cases (Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code Sec. 21.5(1)(d),(f) if applicable)
VI. New Business ( Board may go into closed session pursuant to Iowa Code Section 21.5(1)(a),(i) if applicable)
* Gannon moved to go into closed session at 10:40 a.m. pursuant to Iowa Code sec 21.5(1)(a),(i) to discuss annual performance reviews for staff.
Roll call vote to go into closed session: Cormack-Aye, Gannon-Aye, and Van Fossen-Aye.
* Board came out of closed session at 12:14 p.m. with no further action.
VII. Next tentative meeting date is Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 10:00 a.m., in the Jessie Parker Building Ste. 1B, PERB Law Library.
VIII. Adjourned at 12:15 p.m.
Jamie Van Fossen, Board Member