What if a witness refuses to attend the hearing?


You are entitled to have witnesses attend the hearing, either in person or by
telephone, who know about facts that would help your case. If necessary, you can file a
written request for the presiding officer to issue a subpoena to order the witness to attend.
You should file a written request for a subpoena as soon as you know your witness list to
give the witnesses notice of the hearing and give yourself time to serve the subpoenas.
Please note that you are responsible for serving the subpoena on the person that you want to
attend the hearing and for paying any witness fees or mileage expenses claimed by the
witness. Iowa Code ยง 17A.13(1).

Printed from the website on August 07, 2022 at 1:23pm.